For the money I like to cook London Broil Steaks, they are easy to cook and taste great.
- Take the steak out of the fridge about an hour before cooking it to let it come to room temperature, rub a little olive oil and season heavily with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill as hot as it will go and cook about 5-7 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 120 degrees, then remove from the grill.
- Cover with aluminum foil to let the steak rest for 15 minutes.
While the steak rests make the sauce.
- For the sauce put 2 tbsp of butter in a sauté pan and heat it until melted.
- Add 2 tbsp of flour and cook until it is slightly off white.
- Carefully add 1/4 cup of brandy to the pan. Be careful it will catch on fire.
- Cook until the flames go out, then using a whisk add ½ cup of heavy cream.
- Add a cup of water mixed with 1 tsp beef base.
- Let it cook stirring constantly until you achieve the thickness you desire.
- Add black pepper to taste to the sauce. Beef base is already a little salty.
Cut the steak slightly on an angle or bias place in the plate.
Serve with some brown rice and the spaghetti squash that you started earlier, top with the sauce and enjoy.