A wonderfully light and refreshing sauce for pasta is Checca. My wife and I love to make this often, especially since most of the ingredients come right from our own garden.
Checca is another one of those great recipes where you can make it ahead of time and have available on one of those long work days.
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup basil chiffonade
- 1/2 olive oil
- vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- Mix the tomatoes, garlic and basil together.
- Mix into the dried ingredients the oils, salt and pepper.
- Place in a pot and simmer on med-low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
- Or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.