My wife is not a big fan of meatballs, she complains they are always too dry. In my hometown in New Jersey was a family from Italy who showed me how to make simple and yet moist meatballs.
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 4 tbsp pecorino romano cheese
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1.5 lbs ground beef – 80/20 is the best kind to get
- Mix and form into large balls with ice cream scooper
- Then cut in 1/2
- Roll and place on 1/2 sheet pan
- Bake at 400 F for 10-15 minutes
- Take out and let cool
The meatballs are now ready to be added to an Italian gravy or eating plain. Another benefit of this recipe is that these meatballs can be stored and frozen up to 3 months. And when ready to use, let them thaw and then put in any gravy or sauce you want.
And these my wife will eat.