Sometimes my wife and I just want something quick, different and in this case spicy! After poking around the spice cabinet I found some seasonings to make tikka masala.
- Chicken breasts, 4 – 5 oz cut into 1 inch squares
- Garam masala, 6 tsp
- Garlic powder, 2 tsp
- Cayenne powder, 1 tsp
- Adobo with black pepper seasoning, 2 tsp
- Garlic, 5 tsp minced
- Red onion, 1 medium sliced
- Ginger, 3 tsp fresh diced
- Tomatoes, 3 medium chopped
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Pepper, 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil, 3 Tbsp
- Heavy cream, 3/4 cup
- Flour, 1/4 cup
- Place the chicken in a bowl.
- Mix together the garam masala, garlic powder, cayenne powder, adobo seasoning with black pepper, 3 tsp of the minced garlic, salt and pepper, and olive oil.
- Put the marinade over the chicken cubes and set aside.
- Mix the red onion sliced, 2 tsp garlic and ginger.
- Add to a large pan over medium high heat and sauté with a little oil until soft.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add a little oil.
- Take the marinated chicken and coat with the flour.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sauté until almost cooked through.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger mixture back into the pan.
- Add the heavy cream and cook on low to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh tomatoes.
- Cook until the tomatoes are warmed through.