Well Labor Day is this coming weekend and here is a meal that is made with Red, White and Blue.
- For the Red – a nice London Broil cooked to medium rare, just seasoned with salt & pepper. A common cut of meat we cook around my house.
- For the White – a few large sweet onions cut into rounds, brushed with olive oil, and salt & pepper.
- After charring on the grill they were placed in a bowl with 3 Tbsp of butter and 1 Tbsp of dried thyme then covered with some plastic wrap for 10 minutes so they would steam a little and become soft.p
- For the Blue – Par boil the Blue potatoes and them shock them in cold water. Next out to the garden to get some rosemary and garlic and a baby onion chop the garlic and onion place in a bowl drizzle with some good olive oil add some salt & pepper. I have an iron grille plate that I heated medium hot on the grill place the potatoes on it cut side down for about 7 minutes then flip over for a few more. You can see that I was cooking the potatoes at the same time as the onions.
- Cut the steak, unwrap the onions, and put the potatoes on the plate and enjoy.