A refreshing summer salad is something that is light and full of flavor. This is a perfect for picnics or as a side dish with grilled chicken or beef. Or as my wife likes, make this a meal on its own.
- 1.5 lbs campanelle pasta
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 3 celery stalks finely diced
- 1 lb of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp diced garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil (make sure it is high quality)
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 6-8 sprigs of fresh oregano, stem removed and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crumbled feta
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Shock in cold water, if needed use some ice.
- Mix the oil, mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano together in a bowl.
- Add in red onion, celery and pepperoncini. Mix well.
- Add in tomatoes and mix until coated.
- Add pasta to oil mixture. Stir until everything is coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh feta crumbled on top.